The first carnival was held in October of 1926 at the old camp grounds on Corporation Road. It was held at this location until it was moved to it's current location in the summer of 1938.
On May 22, 1937 the Department purchased the 51 acre farm of Charlie Fletcher at public auction. The members set a plat of 14 acres for The carnival grounds, and sold the remaining 37 acres back to Charlie Fletcher. All of the Facilities and the 14 amusement rides are the Property of the Sharptown Fire Department Inc. The Dept annually raffles a new on the closing evening of this event. At one time there were numerous carnivals operated by Fire Companies on the Delmarva Peninsula. The only 2 Carnivals left that are fully owned and operated by Fire Companies are the one at Sharptown, and the one at Hebron, Md. This will be the 78'th consecutive year that the Sharptown Fire Department has owned and operated this annual event.